Explore RockvilleHow Do I?
Click to Home
Go To Search
Rockville Connect
Financial Assistance Programs
Rockville Senior Assistance Fund
Financial assistance for senior classes, day trips and Senior Center memberships is available. Participants must be Rockville residents aged 60 or older. The participant pays 50% of the actual cost with maximum subsidy of $50 per quarter.  For additional information, please call 240-314-8810. Financial Assistance Verification for the Senior Assistance Fund Form

Rockville Recreation Fund
Scholarships for program fees are available for residents of the City of Rockville. The participant must pay $15 toward each program fee, unless otherwise specified. The fund will cover the balance of the fees, up to $100 maximum per person, per session (fall, winter, spring, summer); $150 maximum per youth for the camp session; $1,000 maximum per family. Any remaining balance must be paid by the participant. Financial assistance must be applied for in person at the time of registration.  This fund is for ages 18 and under. The participant must be able to show proof of residency upon application in the form of a current water bill, property tax bill or a driver’s license/state ID. 

Documents Needed for Recreation Fund Financial Assistance
Financial assistance is available for Rockville residents, ages 19 and up, based on income. For additional information, please call 240-314-8620. Participants must provide:

of the following proof of residency documents must be provided: 

  • Current City of Rockville water and sewage bill (property owners)
  • Property tax bill (in client name and address)
  • State issued identification card/Driver’s License with City of Rockville address

One of the following documents listed below must be provided:

  • Award letter - An award letter from Maryland Department of Human Resources / Montgomery County Department of Social Services. The letter indicates eligibility period and names of household members receiving benefits. (We do not accept Medicaid cards or Care for Kids.) The letter must verify eligibility for one of the following:
o Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
o Food Stamps
o Medical Assistance (for low income families, provided by the county;
this does not include state insurance)
o Transitional Emergency Medical and Housing Assistance (TEMHA)

  • Proof participant resides in a shelter - Letter from shelter dated within a month of application and, if applicable, listing dependents living at shelter.

  • Proof of rental assistance - Public Housing, HUD Section 8 Housing, HOC. This must be a current document from the agency providing assistance which names the eligible tenants. (MPDU not accepted for applicants purchasing a home).

  • Supplemental Security Income - Document must be dated within one year of application.