Register to Vote
Voter registration is available at any time. The City of Rockville municipal elections include the option of same-day registration on Election Day. Residents who register through same-day registration will vote provisionally on the same ballot sent to residents who vote by mail. The provisional ballot vote will be counted upon verification of a voter's eligibility.
Registration remains valid until the voter moves to another jurisdiction.
For complete voter information that includes Montgomery County, State of Maryland and federal elections, please visit www.777vote.org.
- Montgomery County resident.
- United States citizen.
- At least 18 years old on or before the day of the election to be eligible to vote.
- Are not under guardianship for mental disability, or if you are, have not been found by a court to be unable to communicate a desire to vote.
- Have not been convicted of a felony, or if you have, you have completed serving a court-ordered sentence of imprisonment, including any term of parole or probation for the conviction.
Ways to Register
- Call 240-777-VOTE or 240-777-8500 to request voter registration forms.
- Register online with Montgomery County
- Obtain a voter registration form in person at a public library or U.S. Post Office.
- Register at Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration during a license or identification application.
Change or Update Voter Registration
Download the Board of Elections voter registration forms. Completed forms can be mailed or faxed to:
Montgomery County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 4333
Rockville, MD 20849-4333
FAX: (240) 777-8600