- Holiday Drive
For nearly 50 years, the City of Rockville has operated an annual Holiday Drive to distribute food baskets and new toys to Rockville families in need.
The Rockville Holiday Drive relies on a collaborative partnership with local churches, schools, civic organizations, service clubs, businesses, social service agencies, and individuals working together to distribute holiday baskets to families and seniors in need.
The Holiday Drive relies entirely on monetary contributions, donated food and new toys from local individuals, schools, businesses and organizations.
Ways You Can Make a Difference in 2022
- Send a tax-deductible contribution (donate online or checks can be made payable to Rockville Holiday Drive Fund, and sent to 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850). Donations help Rockville buy healthy food options for individuals and families.
- Organize a canned food drive (with a focus on healthier food like low-sodium beans and soups, no-sugar-added canned fruits and whole-wheat pasta).
- Pack or deliver Thanksgiving food baskets.
- Organize a toy or book drive to collect new unwrapped toys or books (new books for children of all ages, including teenagers, are needed).
- Donate $15 Giant Food gift certificates or $25 Target gift certificates.
- You can donate food at City Hall and city recreation facilities until November 11th for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Update on Volunteer Opportunities
There will be a need for volunteers between November 14-19 and on December 17. Tasks will include sorting food and produce, packing food boxes, making deliveries, helping families pick toys and wrapping gifts. SSL hours are available, but some duties may have an age limit.
Sign ups for these volunteer opportunities will be available in October.
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 240-314-8304 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.