- Holiday Drive
For nearly 50 years, the City of Rockville has operated an annual Holiday Drive to distribute food baskets and new toys to Rockville families in need.
The Rockville Holiday Drive relies on a collaborative partnership with local churches, schools, civic organizations, service clubs, businesses, social service agencies, and individuals working together to distribute holiday baskets to families and seniors in need.
The Holiday Drive relies entirely on monetary contributions, donated food and new toys from local individuals, schools, businesses and organizations.
Ways You Can Make a Difference in 2022
- Send a tax-deductible contribution (donate online or checks can be made payable to City of Rockville, with Rockville Holiday Drive Fund in the memo line, and sent to 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850). Donations help Rockville buy healthy food options for individuals and families.
- Organize a toy or book drive to collect new unwrapped toys or books (new books for children of all ages, including teenagers, are needed).
- Donate $15 Giant Food gift certificates or $25 Target gift certificates.
- You can donate toys until December 12th at the following City of Rockville facilities:
- F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre/Glenview Mansion, 603 Edmonston Drive.
- Croydon Creek Nature Center, 852 Avery Road.
- Twinbrook Community Recreation Center, 12920 Twinbrook Parkway.
- Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.
- Thomas Farm Community Center, 700 Fallsgrove Drive.
- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center, 355 Martins Lane.
- Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Drive.
- City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave.
Registration for December holiday volunteer opportunities has closed - shifts are filled.
Volunteers registered for the following jobs:
- Wrapping presents or assisting parents with choosing gifts in the Toy Shop
- Saturday 12/17, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 12:00-1:30 p.m., 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Toy deliveries (2 adults per car required) - 8-12 deliveries
- Saturday 12/17, 9:00-11:00 a.m.