Americans With Disabilities Act
Everyone in Rockville should have equal access to facilities, buildings, parks and activities. The city includes people with all abilities and we care about making it possible for everyone to enjoy their city.
You can file an Americans with Disabilities Act complaint if you believe you or another person has been discriminated against because of a disability.
Filing a Complaint
Complete FormYou can file a complaint to the ADA Coordinator within 60 days of the event. The complaint may be filed via the online form, or by appointment with the ADA Coordinator by emailing email@example.com.
If the ADA Coordinator is the subject of the complaint, the complaint is routed to the Advisor to the City Manager for Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
Receive ConfirmationThe ADA Coordinator will speak with you to determine whether the complaint arises to a violation of City Policy/Ordinance or the ADA. Results of this initial determination include:
- Dismissal, with written evaluation of reason for dismissal;
- Evaluate whether an informal resolution can be achieved to best meet the goals of parties involved. Informal resolutions will be memorialized in writing for all parties involved and supervisors of City employees; or
- Proceed to a full investigation.
Optional: Appeal DecisionThe involved parties may file an appeal for reconsideration to the Deputy City Manager within 30 days of the decision, based on one of the following reasons:
- The ADA Coordinator did not consider all information available during investigation.
- New information has emerged since the investigation.
- The ADA Coordinator showed bias in process.