The Rockville City Police Department works with the Criminal Justice Information Systems Central Repository to provide background checks to the public. To receive a copy of your criminal record in Maryland, you must be fingerprinted. We currently only process Maryland LiveScan Fingerprints.
The Rockville City Police Departmentoffer hard copy ink-based fingerprint services to include the following forms:
- FD-258 Fingerprint Card
- SF-87 Fingerprint Card
- .EFT Electronic Fingerprints
- SWFT Electronic Fingerprints
If you need to complete one of the forms listed above, please inquire with another agency. You can find a list of locations through the State Department.
All applicants seeking a background check for the State of Maryland or Federal Bureau of Investigation must make an appointment, walk-ins are no longer accepted.
Our program allows parents to keep identification records for their children. The records is provided at the Police Department and include fingerprints, current photograph and a growth chart.
Schedule an AppointmentFingerprinting services are by appointment only. We only offer fingerprinting services for in-state background checks. Fingerprinting takes about 10-15 minutes.
Schedule an Appointment
Complete the Pre-Registration FormThe pre-registration form is needed to add your information to the database. Complete the pre-registration form before your appointment.
Required MaterialsThe following materials are required for your fingerprinting appointment:
- Two valid forms of identification. At least one form of identification MUST include a photograph of the fingerprinting applicant. In the event a fingerprinting applicant is a minor under the age of 18 and is not in possession of a State or Federally issued photo ID, please bring any two of the documents listed below to your appointment.
- Accepted identification includes: current state identification card or driver's license, certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization, unexpired passport or U.S. Passport card, military identification card, Federal Government employee identification cards, United States permanent resident card with photo, or work visa with photo.
- If you only have one valid photo ID from the categories listed above, the following documents are accepted in addition to one photo identification card: A United States birth certificate, certificate of U.S. citizenship or naturalization, or a social security card.
- The following documents are NOT accepted as forms of identification: private employer identification cards, insurance cards, banking cards, membership cards, and mail listing your name and address.
- Fingerprints for employment or licensing purposes must have the agency's name and authorization number.
- Fingerprints for government agencies must have an ORI code.
- Form of payment for the fees. We accept cash, Mastercard, Visa or check. Fees vary by type of LiveScan request.