Damage or Injury Claims

Unfortunately, events do occur which may require you to file a claim against the city for damages cause to your automobile or property and even injuries sustained by you.

The city will strive to file your claim as soon as we receive it, but it may take up to two business days to file this with our insurer.

If you have sustained damages and if this is not a notice or report only claim, the city will file your claim through our insurer, the Local Government Insurance Trust, and will email you with your individual claim number and the insurance adjusters contact information.

Local Government Insurance Trust will handle all aspects of the management of your claim on behalf of the city, and will make all determinations regarding the acceptance or denial of any claims for damages.

Water, Sewer or Street Emergencies

Call the 24-hour emergency line at 240-314-8567.

 Still have questions? Contact: 

Safety and Risk Management
111 Maryland Ave.
Rockville, MD 20850
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Employee Claims

Employees are required to report work-related injuries sustained to employees or volunteers by the end of the business day in which the incident occurs. Serious injuries must be reported as soon as practical to the Safety & Risk Division and are considered any treatment requiring in-patient hospitalization, amputation, loss of an eye or fatality.

  • Use the First Report of Injury Form to report all work-related injuries sustained to employees, temporary employees or volunteers. This form can also be used to report any injuries sustained to visitors while in our facilities. 
  • Use the Non-Injury Incident Report Form to file reports with the Safety & Risk Management Division for the following types of incidents: property damage to City property, graffiti, City tree falling down and damaging property, reports of uneven sidewalks, potholes, other public safety hazards, etc.