Trees & Environment

To improve our customer service, you can now apply for a utility permit online through our permit portal.

For all other public works permits, send the completed applications to We will continue to work diligently to make more applications available online.

If you have any questions, please contact Jim Lapping, Engineering Supervisor at 240-314-8507. 

For any work needing a permit regarding Floodplains, Sediment Control, and Stormwater Management.

Floodplain Development

Sediment Control

Stormwater Management

Additional Documents


Bonds for Sediment Control, SWM, Forestry 

Performance Bonds, Letters of Credit and Cash Bonds 

Bonds for Public Right-of-Way 

Letters of Credit and Cash Bonds