Rockville Swim and Fitness Center Reservation Request
To ensure that a healthy environment is maintained with appropriate capacity limits, the facility will only be open for City of Rockville residents and facility members. The center will be open 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, and 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday.
Advanced reservations are required and available for Rockville residents and swim center members only. Have your membership ID number ready, if applicable, when making the online reservation request.
Available activities are:
- Lap Swim: The indoor North and South pools (year round) and the outdoor Fitness and Recreation pools (seasonally) will be open on a reservations basis. Please note that the outdoor fitness pool has been set-up in “short course” format to maximize the amount of lanes available.
- Beginning Mon. 5/10/21, lap lane capacity will be set at 2 individuals per lane in the North and Fitness pools. Customers will be assigned a specific side of the pool to enter/exit so that congregating at the walls is minimized. While swimming, the lane will be “split down the middle” and swimmers will remain on the same side while progressing up and down the lane. All customers wishing to swim should make a reservation under their own name for the North and Fitness Pools. If individuals request to share a lane with a specific person, both parties should arrive at the same time and let the front desk staff know upon arrival.
- Lanes in the South Pool will remain with a 1 person per lane capacity (or two persons per lane if the same household – in this case only one reservation is needed) as a temporary accommodation for customers who need to swim in such a manner. Each swimmer must meet entry requirements and have a valid membership or pay the daily admission fee.
- View our 2 per lap lane FAQ's here.
- Fitness room: Available to members and city residents under county requirements.
- Water walking: Space will be available for customers throughout the day to “jog in place” in the water.
- Family Recreation Swim: Limited hours – see schedule. Each family unit (max size of 6) will be assigned an area for informal swimming. The slide and diving board remain closed. Each family may make one recreation swim reservation per day.
- Limited programs that are compatible with social distancing practice such as water and land fitness classes and swim team. View our programs to see what’s available.
Please also be reminded that current facility rules require the use of a face-covering whenever not in the water - this includes the outdoor area. Although many individuals in the community are vaccinated, some are not, and we cannot differentiate facility rules on a person-by-person basis. Management will be evaluating these procedures and facility capacities in relation to current COVID regulations as changes come forward.
Physical distancing of 6 feet or more and frequent cleaning and sanitizing procedures will be in place to protect customers and staff. Hand-sanitizer stations will be available throughout the facility.
Rockville Senior Center Fitness Members
Rockville Senior Center Fitness members can use the fitness room at the Rockville Swim and Fitness Center. Interested members, must first contact the Senior Center prior to reserving their first visit. Call Senior Center staff at 240-314-8800 or email email@example.com.
To be the first to know about facility reopening announcements, sign up to receive our Swim and Fitness Center email alerts. We will only send you information about facility status updates.
Making a Reservation Request
- You must be a current center member or a Rockville resident. Check your residency status online. Be prepared to show your membership ID card or government ID with an address within the corporate limits of the City of Rockville.
- Reservations will be accepted on a rolling basis starting 96 hours (4 days) in advance of the specific appointment time. For example, on Sunday at 10 am customers may begin making reservations for appointments as far as Thursday at 10 am. At 11 am on Sunday, Thursday at 11 am appointments will become available. Once all appointments within the 96-hour window are booked, the system will show that no times are available. Please remember that future times will be released on a rolling basis and that if a customer cancels their reservation, it will become available again for others to reserve.
- Reservations are for 1 hour & limited 30-minute spots.
- Customers may only make one lap swim reservation, one family recreation swim, and one gym reservation per day. Duplicate reservations may be canceled by staff in order to release the space for other customers.
- Repeated no-shows may lead to suspension of the ability to reserve lanes. If you need to cancel your reservation, please use the "Change/Cancel Appointment" button in the confirmation email or contact our front desk staff.
- By requesting a reservation, I agree to follow the City of Rockville’s COVID-19 precautions (see link for details) and I agree to waive and release the City from any and all claims and liability of any kind related to using the facility.
- Review our hours of operation.
For questions, call 240-314-8750.
Tips for your Visit
- Do not come to the facility if you are sick or otherwise instructed to remain at home.
- Arrive up to 10 minutes before your reservation time. All customers must check-in upon arrival at the indoor facilities' main entrance.
- Indoor locker room will be available. Customers must bring all equipment (e.g. kickboards, towels, goggles). No shared equipment will be available.
- A face covering is required to be worn by all visitors over the age of 2 when not in the water. This includes while using the fitness room.
- Bring a filled water bottle.
- Be prepared to exit promptly after your allotted reservation time.
- Take steps to wash your hands often and shower before swimming.
- Facility use is only available to members and City of Rockville residents. Be prepared to show your membership ID card or government ID with an address within the corporate limits of the City of Rockville.
- Follow the Centers for Disease Control Recommendations for Healthy Swimming. Take steps to wash your hands often and shower before swimming. Review the Centers for Disease Control Recommendations for Visiting and Park and Recreation Center.
Help using the Scheduling System
If you're having trouble using our online scheduling system, you can view our how-to video or you can come to the Rockville Swim and Fitness Center to book your reservation. We will have a computer available for use.