Engineering Records Requests

An engineering record includes the plans, blueprints, as-built drawings, GIS data and exhibits, computations, contract documents and studies that pertain to the city’s public infrastructure (roads, water, sewer, storm drain and stormwater). 

It does not include records related to architecture, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, gas or telecommunication utilities, site plans, unapproved (planning or design stage) projects or proprietary information.

To request a record, you will need a scanned copy of your driver's license.

Using the forms below, please identify project location, specific utilities/infrastructure needed and a brief explanation of purpose with your request.

Request Records

If you are a resident of Rockville, complete the Resident Engineering Records Request Form.

If you are a contractor, complete the Utility/Contractor Engineering Request Form.

Still have questions? Contact:

Engineering Department
111 Maryland Ave
Rockville, MD 20850
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.