Water and Sewer Service
Any water and sewer bill issued after Jan. 1, 2022 will be subject to late fees and service interruption for delinquent accounts. A penalty charge will be assessed on unpaid bills 30 days or more past their due day. Service will be stopped on any accounts that are delinquent 60 days after the bill date. Any unpaid balances before Jan. 1 are not subject to these terms.
Also effective Jan. 1, 2022, all applicants for financial assistance must have a notice of pending disconnection or have already had their service disconnected, and must apply with the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services. Montgomery County DHHS will submit a referral to the City of Rockville Community Services Division on behalf of eligible city residents.
Due to COVID-19, applications for financial assistance with water utility shutoffs are being processed by phone and email.
Residents are encouraged to pay bills online. If you need assistance, please email Utility Billing.
The City of Rockville provides water and sewer service to 70% of the city, or about 13,000 accounts. All other Rockville residents and businesses are serviced through the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC).
Water Problems? Call the 24-Hour Emergency Hotline
For emergency water or sewer problems, call 240-314-8567.
Pay Your Water Bill Online With Invoice Cloud!
The City of Rockville is pleased to announce that we now have an improved bill pay service for paying your water utility bill.
Visit Invoice Cloud to register and pay online, by text, or by phone anytime 24/7.
There's no additional fees to using this service.
Pay by phone 24/7 at 1-855-798-1543.
Start ServiceTo start/stop service, call 240-314-8420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for E-BillingAs an optional service, you can choose to sign up for e-billing to help save on paper.
PaymentsYou can pay online or in person during business hours at:
111 Maryland Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Pay by phone at 1-855-798-1543.
- Schedule a final reading of the meter at least five days in advance. Tenants or landlords will need to provide a copy of the Lease Agreement. Homeowners will need to provide a copy of the Closing Disclosure Statement.
- To shut off service, call 240-314-8420 or email email@example.com.
New Ways to Pay Your Water Bill!
The City of Rockville is excited to announce its improved bill pay service for paying your water utility bill powered by Invoice Cloud. With simple and secure navigation, you can pay the way that’s most convenient for you -- online, by text, or by phone anytime 24/7.
Visit Invoice Cloud to register your account.
New Billing Service Features:
- Pay your bill anytime 24/7 via an easy-to-use online portal.
- Manage your account and view up to two years of payment history.
- Receive email reminders and notifications.
- Set it and forget it with AutoPay.
- On the go? Use Pay-by-Text to get text notifications about your bill and pay through text message.
It’s Easy to Register Your Account!
Follow these quick steps to register your City of Rockville Utility account and sign up for e-billing!
- Go to Invoice Cloud. Click Water Bill.
- Enter the Account Number & Service Address. Then click on Search Invoices.
- Select the invoices you’d like to make a payment towards and click the Register Selected Invoices link.
- Enter all required information that is marked with a red asterisk (*) and click Complete Registration.
- Congratulations! You’ve created your online account.
Once you're registered, use the Services area on the Your Accounts at a Glance screen, or the menu under My Profile to sign up for paperless billing, AutoPay, scheduled payments, Pay-by-Text and more!
Paying Your Water Utility Bill
Please visit www.invoicecloud.com/rockvillemd to access your account, sign up for pay by text, automatic payments, or paperless billing.
You may also pay 24/7 using our automated phone service by calling 855-798-1543.
If you have any questions regarding the new payment service, please contact Utility Billing.
The Mayor and Council commissioned a study of the City of Rockville’s utility rate structure in FY20. This study evaluated the cost of water and sewer service by property classification. The new rates and rate structure were adopted by the Mayor and Council on November 15, 2021, and took effect on January 1, 2022.