- Water, Sewer & Stormwater
- Water and Sewer Service
Water and Sewer Service
For emergency water or sewer problems, call the 24-hour emergency hotline at 240-314-8567.
Any water and sewer bill issued after Jan. 1, 2023 will be subject to late fees and service interruption for delinquent accounts. A penalty charge will be assessed on unpaid bills 30 days or more past their due day. Service will be stopped on any accounts that are delinquent 60 days after the bill date. Any unpaid balances before Jan. 1 are not subject to these terms.
Also effective Jan. 1, 2023, all applicants for financial assistance must have a notice of pending disconnection or have already had their service disconnected, and must apply with the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services. Montgomery County DHHS will submit a referral to the City of Rockville Community Services Division on behalf of eligible city residents.
Due to COVID-19, applications for financial assistance with water utility shutoffs are being processed by phone and email.
Residents are encouraged to pay bills online at invoicecloud.com/rockvillemd. If you need assistance, please email email@example.com.
The City of Rockville provides water and sewer service to 70% of the city, or about 13,000 accounts. All other Rockville residents and businesses are serviced through the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC).
Water and Sewer Rates
The Mayor and Council commissioned a study of the City of Rockville’s utility rate structure in FY20. This study evaluated the cost of water and sewer service by property classification. The new rates and rate structure were adopted by the Mayor and Council on November 15, 2021, and took effect on January 1, 2022.
Rockville, MD 20850
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Pay Your Water Bill Online!
Follow these quick steps to register your City of Rockville Utility account and sign up for e-billing!
- Go to invoicecloud.com/rockvillemd. Click Water Bills.
- Enter the Account Number & Service Address. Then click on Search Invoices.
- Select the invoices you’d like to make a payment towards and click the Register Selected Invoices link.
- Enter all required information that is marked with a red asterisk (*) and click Complete Registration.
- Congratulations! You’ve created your online account.
Once you're registered, use the Services area on the Your Accounts at a Glance screen, or the menu under My Profile to sign up for paperless billing, AutoPay, scheduled payments, Pay-by-Text and more!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help or check out our InvoiceCloud FAQs.
Find Your Water ProviderNot all Rockville addresses are serviced by the city. Check your address to see if your water is provided by the city or WSSC.
Start ServiceTo start service, call 240-314-8420 or email email@example.com.
Pay Your Water Utility BillYou have several options to pay your water utility bill:
- Pay online at invoicecloud.com/rockvillemd. Register an account to sign up for paperless e-billing and email/text notifications, set up automatic payments, and pay online or by text. There are no additional fees to use this service.
- Pay in person during business hours at:
111 Maryland Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
- Pay by phone by using our 24/7 automated phone service at 1-855-798-1543.
- Pay by leaving your payment in one of two 24-hour drop boxes available outside of City Hall.
- Schedule a final reading of the meter at least five days in advance. Tenants or landlords will need to provide a copy of the Lease Agreement. Homeowners will need to provide a copy of the Closing Disclosure Statement.
- To stop service, call 240-314-8420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.