Recreation Financial Assistance
The City of Rockville believes that everyone, regardless of income, should be able to participate in its recreation opportunities. The department offers financial assistance through programs such as the Recreation Fund and Senior Assistance Fund to facilitate participation.
Types of Assistance
Youth Recreation Assistance
A limited number of scholarships for program fees are available for residents of the City of Rockville ages 18 and younger. The participant must pay $15 toward each program fee unless otherwise specified. The fund will cover the balance of the fees, up to $100 maximum per person, per session (fall, winter, spring, summer); $150 maximum per youth for each (weekly/bi-weekly) camp session; $1,000 maximum per family. Any remaining balance must be paid by the participant.
For information, or to apply for the youth recreation assistance fund:
Senior AssistanceFinancial assistance for senior classes, day trips, and Senior Center memberships is available. Participants must be Rockville residents aged 60 or older. The participant pays half of the actual cost with a maximum subsidy of $50 per quarter. For additional information, please call 240-314-8810.
Qualified applicants must provide proof of residency and meet financial requirements.
Proof of Residency
Accepted documents include one of the following:
- Current City of Rockville water and sewage bill (property owners)
- Property tax bill (in client name and address)
- State issued identification card/Driver’s License with City of Rockville address
One of these financial requirements must be met:
- Award letter from Maryland Dept. of Human Resources/Montgomery County Dept. of Social Services verifying eligibility for Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Food Stamps (SNAP), Transitional Emergency Medical and Housing Assistance (TEMHA), Working Parents Assistance Program (WPA). The letter must indicate eligibility period and names of household members receiving benefits.
- Proof of Medical Assistance from Montgomery County Dept. of Social Services. Form to be received from county offices.
- Proof of Rental Assistance: Public Housing, HUD Section 8 Housing, HOC (MPDU not accepted for applicants purchasing a home). This must be a current document which names the eligible tenants from the agency providing assistance.
- Proof participant resides in a shelter: Letter from shelter dated within a month of application and, if applicable, listing dependents living at shelter.
- Supplemental Security Income: Document must be dated within one year of application.
- FARMS (MCPS Free & Reduced Meals Program)
- Care for Kids (Health Care Program)
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP)
- Montgomery County HHS Rental Assistance Program
- Montgomery County Working Parents Assistance Program (WPA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI program)
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Unemployment Benefits (Maryland Unemployment Benefits)
- WIC (Health of low-income Woman, Infants and Children)
Based on income, limited financial assistance is available for Rockville residents ages 19 and older. Please call 240-314-8620 to make an appointment.