- Weed Warriors
Rockville Weed Warriors
Weed Warrior volunteers help the city by removing invasive species from park land, wooded and open space areas that can take over native plants and trees.
Join Rockville Weed Warrior Leaders for a non-native, invasive plant removal workday. MCPS SSL hours available. Space is limited and online registration is required. Volunteers agree to comply with the Rockville Weed Warrior Program Conditions and Safety Guidelines.
|Saturday, October 7||9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.||RedGate Park||Register here|
|Saturday, October 14||9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.||Dawson Farm Park||Register here|
|Sunday, October 22||10 a.m. to Noon||Mt Vernon Park||Register here|
|Saturday, October 28||10 a.m. to Noon||Dawson Farm Park||Register here|
|Saturday, November 4||10 a.m. to Noon||RedGate Park||Register here|
|Saturday, November 11||10 a.m. to Noon||Wootton's Mill Park||Register here|
- Volunteers can expect to spend several hours at appointed times removing invasive species at the direction of a team leader.
- Wear long pants that cover your ankles, long sleeves, and sturdy, closed-toed shoes.
- Bring gloves, pruners, and loppers if you have them. Gloves and tools are available to borrow if you don’t have your own. No power tools or machetes allowed.
- Please bring plenty of water to drink.
- Volunteers under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers under 16 may only use tools if their parent/guardian is present and at the parent/guardian's discretion.
You must be a certified Weed Warrior through Montgomery Parks or working under the supervision of a certified Weed Warrior to remove invasive species from City of Rockville parks. You must be physically able to move through wooded and open space areas pulling out invasive species.
The information and events on this page are not part of the Montgomery Parks Weed Warrior Training and Certification Program. Visit the Montgomery Parks Weed Warrior Program webpage for details on training, certification, and Montgomery Park events. Please note that the Montgomery Parks program requires that you commit to removing invasive species in Montgomery Parks, not just the City of Rockville.
If you are a certified Weed Warrior interested in working individually to remove non-native invasive plants from a Rockville park, please email Shannon Philbin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request including a map of the park/locations you wish to work in, name of the species you plan to target, and the dates and/or frequency you would like to work.