Rockville's Independence Day Celebration is celebrating its fifth year at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park in King Farm. This location offers wonderful spectator viewing, and ample and convenient parking.
Thursday, July 4, 2019
7 - 10 p.m.
Free parking is available in lots along Shady Grove, and Gaither Roads as well as on Piccard Drive. These lots are conveniently located near the event site. There is no parking available in the King Farm neighborhood.
Please use main roads such at Route 355, Gude Drive, and Shady Grove Road to access these parking lots. There will be ample signage directing people to public parking.
- No barbecuing or open flames allowed at the event site.
- Recycle and trash bins are located throughout the event.
- Lost children should be taken to the first aid tent located along Piccard Dr.
- Please be courteous of those around you when smoking.
- Drones are prohibited at the event site.
- Bring a blanket or chairs for great viewing from the park.
|7 p.m.||Live Music by The Nighthawks|
|8:45 p.m.||Mayor and Council Greeting|
|8:55 p.m.||National Anthem|
|9:15 p.m.||Fireworks Display|
Portions of Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park will close for the event.
• There will be limited access to parts of Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park on Tuesday, July 2 – Friday, July 5.
• The dog park will close at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, July 2 until 11 a.m. on Friday, July 5.
• The fireworks safety zone which includes the football fields, tennis courts, playground and parking lots will close at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, July 3 through 11 a.m. on Friday, July 5.
Food and Beverage
Food and beverage will be available for purchase. Guests may bring their own food and beverage. Please note that there is no barbecuing or open flames allowed on the event site.