Why Native Trees?
Planting natives trees is an easy, affordable, and sustainable way to positively affect the environment. Trees reduce stormwater runoff, improve air quality, provide wildlife habitat, and provide shade and energy savings. Large shade trees, such as oaks, cherries, willows, hickories, and walnuts are recommended because they provide the greatest benefits. However, smaller trees may be appropriate in certain locations and also play an important role in wildlife habitat.
Rebates for Native Trees
Rebates are available to single family and townhouse residences, homeowners associations, condominium associations and other non-profits in the City of Rockville. To receive a rebate you must apply prior to plantingand retain and submit itemized receipts and/or final invoices for all project costs. Rebate amounts will not exceed documented costs. Properties are eligible to receive a lifetime total of $2,500 per property in RainScapes rebates.
Trees must be planted after September 15 and before May 30 to be eligible for a rebate.
|Rain Barrel Rebate Details|
|Rebate Amount||$150 per tree|
|Minimum Size||Trees must meet at least one of the following criteria:|
Review Tree Requirements
Review the Tree Canopy Application Instructions and Design Guidelines and check to verify the tree you'd like to plant is on the approved tree list. Projects must meet these criteria to be eligible for a rebate.
The City of Rockville restricts the types of trees you can plant to protect our natural ecosystem. Review the species restrictions.
Fill out Application
Complete the online application and attach photos of the planting sites. Wait to receive email approval and a link to the sign the Property Owner Agreement before beginning your project.
Please allow two weeks (14 business days) for application processing.
- Tips for Choosing Trees and Shrubs (UMD Extension)
- The Right Tree for Your Lawn (UMD Extension)
- Top Ten Trees for Your Wildlife Garden (National Audubon Society)
- Buying Native Plants (Maryland Native Plant Society @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Deer Protection (Tree Montgomery)
- RainScapes Landscape Professionals List (Montgomery County)
- Reforest Montgomery Water Alerts
- Reforest Montgomery Tree Coupon @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>