Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Phone Outages Impact Incoming Calls
Welcome to the City of Rockville Form Center. If your form requires a response, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Select a Category
Community Planning and Development Services
Housing and Community Development
Recreation and Parks
Report a Concern
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Report Landlord or Tenant Concern
Sign in to Save Progress
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
Street Address Where Issue is Occurring
Assistance Being Requested
Below is a List of Frequently Asked Questions
1. My landlord has not repaired my dishwasher. Can I hold back rent until he fixes it?
2. The landlord says I damaged the carpet, but the stains were there when I moved in. What can I do?
Answer: Provide proof through a pre-move-in checklist or pictures.
3. Do I have a grace period for late rent payments?
Answer: Yes, ten days. However, legally the landlord can start eviction procedures as soon as it is late.
4. Can the landlord evict me just by telling me to move out and put my things on the street?
Answer: No. The landlord must go to court first and get a judgment.
5. I was supposed to move in on the first of the month. The other tenants have not moved out. What are my rights?
Answer: Refer to the section “Right to Take Possession” at the beginning of your lease.
6. Do I have to pay the last month's rent? I paid a security deposit.
Answer: You are obligated to pay rent through the end of the lease, including the last month. If there are no damages, the landlord will refund your deposit with interest. For further information, please contact Community Enhancement and Code Enforcement at 240-314-8330.
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow